Safety management system certification for adventure tourism service providers: ISO 21101
What is ISO 21101: Adventure tourism safety ?
The certification certifies the quality of the system for managing the safety for service providers of adventure tourism activities.
All service providers of adventure tourism activities, wherever they operate in the world, have the responsibility of ensuring the safety of persons. The activities proposed incur risks, and the service providers must manage these risks, because the consequences of them can be catastrophic. This is why this certification, based on standard ISO 21101, allows the service provider to:
- Improve performance in terms of safety.
- Meet the expectations in terms of safety of the participants and of the personnel.
- Demonstrate that safety practices are used.
- Contribute to compliance with the legal requirements that apply.
The certification is intended for any type of service provider, regardless of its size, its geographical, cultural or social environment.
Who should attend ISO 21101: Adventure tourism safety
Company working in the events sector: organiser of trade shows, festivals, service providers… (Directorate-General, quality manager, sustainable development)
3-year cycle, annual audit. The audit includes the supervision of an adventure tourism activity.
The benefits of ISO 21101: Adventure tourism safety
- Improve your relations with your parties involved (local partners, service providers...).
- Reduce your costs thanks to optimising your purchases.
- Enhance your image.
- Meet the stakes of your Principals.
- Demonstrate your CSR commitment.
Steps and processes
- Certification request
- Initial audit
- Decision making
- Certificate issued
- Annual follow-up audit
Apave Certification's strengths
Independent third party
Apave Certification is a recognized and independent certification body specialized in certification engineering.
Apave Certification works quickly, throughout France and internationally, and keeps deadlines under control.
Apave Certification relies on a large geographical network of qualified internal and external auditors, both nationally and internationally.
Apave Certification is a flexible structure with a customer-oriented approach, which is involved in both voluntary professional certifications and regulatory and mandatory certifications.
Apave Certification, a subsidiary of the Apave group, benefits from solid expertise based on extensive customer feedback over more than 150 years.
Recognitions and accreditations
Apave Certification holds numerous accreditations and recognitions, guaranteeing our quality and technical systems and proving our competence, know-how and independence.
Toolkits and useful links
ISO 21101 is useful, in particular, for:
- Improve safety performance
- Meet expectations regarding the safety of participants and staff
- Demonstrate that security practices are used
- Contribute to compliance with applicable legal requirements