Well-treatment Facility Label
Abuse describes a multitude of situations where the suffering of a vulnerable person is revealed. On the other hand, well-treatment is a common sense notion that allows the establishment of a relationship of trust and security between frail people and their caregivers. Faced with an upsurge in cases of abuse, the appearance of the Well-Treated Establishment® label provides a response to the challenges faced by professionals in the social/medical/social sectors, caregivers and frail people.
What is Well-treatment Facility Labels ?
The Well-Treated Establishment® label, founded by Anne Picard, director of AX'AIDE, aims to bring you a solution to promote benevolence and encourage good treatment in establishments that welcome fragile people (children, elderly, sick, disabled people).
It is the result of :
- An awareness of situations of abuse in different physical and medical forms,
- A desire to set up preventive actions against abuse and to promote a "culture of good treatment" among professionals
This label is based on major issues:
- Putting the human element back at the heart of support for the dependent person
- Preserving the rights and integrity of vulnerable persons, with kindness, empathy and good treatment
This label is designed around 4 fundamental principles:
- Information: concerns all the knowledge to which all stakeholders have access in order to evolve in an environment of trust and clarity
- Training: concerns all the teams in order to enhance their skills on the notions of abuse and the implementation of specific actions to act accordingly and develop a posture in line with good treatment
- Practice: concerns all professional practices implemented by the staff
- Management: concerns the management and organization of the establishment. The culture of good treatment is central to the governance of the institution
These four principles are cross-cutting and can be found throughout the specifications.
Who should attend Well-treatment Facility Labels
This label is intended for professionals in the social and medico-social sector who wish to
- Implement a policy of prevention and fight against "maltreatment
- Promote and develop a culture of good treatment within their establishments
This label is a recognition for all establishments that commit to :
- Respecting a set of specifications on good practices related to the good treatment, ethics, know-how and know-how with these people,
- Preserve and defend the rights of the dependent persons entrusted to them.
This approach, supported by the management, requires the support of all the teams. It is based on the requirements of the regulations and recommendations of good practices of the ANESM (National Agency for the Evaluation and Quality of Social and Medico-Social Establishments and Services).
- The initial audit is performed by an Apave Certification auditor.
- The duration of validity of the Well-Treated Establishment® Label is 5 years
- An intermediate surveillance audit must be conducted after 2.5 years
- At the end of this period, the candidate must enroll again in a certification cycle.
What are the prerequisites for obtaining the Well-treating Establishment Label?
To obtain the Well-treating Establishment® label, the establishment must meet demanding specifications that are broken down into 6 steps:
- Adhere to the values of the label: all the players in the care sector are made aware of and involved in enriching and improving practices.
- Commitment to the Label: the establishment commits to AX'AIDE and a designated advisor accompanies and structures the entire preparation phase until the Label is obtained.
- Training to get on the road to the Label: training is provided to acquire and master the methods and tools necessary to carry out a self-diagnosis supervised by the Label advisor, who helps define the actions to be implemented to obtain the Label.
- Develop skills to obtain the Label: the objective of the training is to develop internal skills that will reinforce the knowledge of the future referent professionals of the structure.
- Obtaining the label: an initial audit is then organized in conjunction with the labeling organization by Apave Certification and Labellisation.
- Maintaining the Label: a follow-up audit is planned to verify that the initial commitments are being met. The objective is to validate the dynamics and the continuous improvement approach.
The benefits of Well-treatment Facility Labels
This label guarantees that the establishment has implemented quality actions to
- Develop a culture of good treatment among its stakeholders
- Prepare to act and react in case of malfunction, abuse or violence
- Encourage the expression and participation of the person being cared for and their family and friends
- To create and ensure means conducive to good treatment
- Reflect, enrich, secure and support professional practices
- To follow and accompany the person being cared for, to encourage social links and citizenship
- Develop and maintain autonomy and respect intimacy
Why choose Apave
Apave Certification, the Apave Group's third-party recognition body, is the sole certification body for this label.
Apave Certification is one of the leading certification bodies in France. As a recognized and independent organization, Apave Certification relies on a network of qualified internal and external auditors throughout France and abroad.
Apave Certification is involved in both voluntary professional certifications and regulatory and mandatory certifications.
Apave Certification's services are based on 5 major areas
- Management systems
- Skills certification
- Product certification
- Labels / Assessments
Steps and processes
1st step: the establishment applies to AX'AIDE for certification
2nd step: a diagnosis/audit of the label is carried out in order to identify the areas of improvement and the actions to be implemented according to a defined plan.
The establishment will then be able to display the logo "Go to the Label".
3rd step: the establishment has two years to implement the various actions recommended in the audit.
4th and final stage: Certification and commitment to maintain the label.
Apave Certification works with establishments to :
- Certification of skills
- The labeling process
- Initial certification audit / Follow-up audit / Renewal audit
- Follow-up and maintenance of the label
Apave Certification's strengths
Independent third party
Apave Certification is a recognized and independent certification body specialized in certification engineering.
Apave Certification works quickly, throughout France and internationally, and keeps deadlines under control.
Apave Certification relies on a large geographical network of qualified internal and external auditors, both nationally and internationally.
Apave Certification is a flexible structure with a customer-oriented approach, which is involved in both voluntary professional certifications and regulatory and mandatory certifications.
Apave Certification, a subsidiary of the Apave group, benefits from solid expertise based on extensive customer feedback over more than 150 years.
Recognitions and accreditations
Apave Certification holds numerous accreditations and recognitions, guaranteeing our quality and technical systems and proving our competence, know-how and independence.