Audit Prevention of industrial plastic pellet losses to the environment
What is Audit Prevention of industrial plastic pellet ?
Each year, in Europe 41,000 tons of unprocessed plastic granules end up in the environment, i.e. over 11 billion plastic bottles. All the players in the industry are taking action to prevent environmental risks.
The loss of granulate has many negative impacts on the companies of the plastic industry, as well as on the environment. The audit of the prevention of industrial plastic granulate loss into the environment meets your challenges by :
- Limiting the risks of environmental pollution
- Controlling the costs related to the loss of stock
- Meeting your regulatory obligations
Who should attend Audit Prevention of industrial plastic pellet
The regulation resulting from the Decree n° 2021-461 of April 16, 2021 (JO of April 18, 2021) relating to the prevention of the losses of industrial plastic granules in the environment applies to :
- Industrial sites of manufacture, handling, storage of plastic granules with a total quantity of more than 5 tons of granules
- Tank washing areas
- Drums and other containers for transporting plastic granules
Actions to be implemented by manufacturers to prevent the loss of industrial plastic granules in the environment
- Identify areas where industrial plastic granules may be released or accidentally spilled into the environment
- Periodically check that the packaging used to store and transport industrial plastic granules is designed to minimize the risk of releasing them into the environment
- Contain and collect daily any industrial plastic granules accidentally spilled on the site
- Regularly clean the retention basins and the area around the site
- Take inventory and regularly ensure that the equipment preventing the loss of industrial plastic granules into the environment is in good working order
- To train and sensitize the personnel working on the site
- Carry out semi-annual internal controls of these procedures
An initial audit must be conducted within one year of implementation of the procedures, and then at least once every three years.
Steps and processes
To obtain your certificate, Apave Certification accompanies you during each step:
- Planning of the audit
- Opening meeting
- Interviews with personnel
- Visit of the premises
- Review of procedures and their application
- Closing meeting
- Drafting and delivery of the audit report and the regulatory summary
- Issuance of a certificate (subject to validation of the audit)
Apave Certification's strengths
Independent third party
Apave Certification is a recognized and independent certification body specialized in certification engineering.
Apave Certification works quickly, throughout France and internationally, and keeps deadlines under control.
Apave Certification relies on a large geographical network of qualified internal and external auditors, both nationally and internationally.
Apave Certification is a flexible structure with a customer-oriented approach, which is involved in both voluntary professional certifications and regulatory and mandatory certifications.
Apave Certification, a subsidiary of the Apave group, benefits from solid expertise based on extensive customer feedback over more than 150 years.
Recognitions and accreditations
Apave Certification holds numerous accreditations and recognitions, guaranteeing our quality and technical systems and proving our competence, know-how and independence.