Security management system certification: ISO 18788
What is ISO 18788: Safety management ?
Optimise the effectiveness of your private security operations.
- Provide an organisational framework for managing activities and risks intended for bodies that conduct or that outsource security operations.
- Demonstrate professional conduct in security operations in order to satisfy customers and the other parties involved.
- Allow bodies and users of security services to prove their commitment with regards to the legal requirements and good practices found.
- Demonstrate your capacity to constantly propose services that meet the needs of customers and that are compliant with international, national and local law, as well as the requirements for compliance with Human rights.
Certification of your security management system according to the ISO 18788 standard must optimise the effectiveness of your private security operations.
ISO 18788 certification is a voluntary approach.
The standard takes account of the following themes:
- Definition of the operational framework: context, needs and requirements, definition of the risk criteria, definition of the application scope.
- Policy: commitment of the management, commitment in protecting Human rights, commitment in terms of resources, commitment to continuous improvement.
- Scheduling: risk assessment, legal requirements, risk management strategy.
- Implementation and conducting of operational activities: operational control, skills, communication, role and responsibilities, prevention and management of undesirable or disruptive events.
- Performance evaluation: evaluation of the compliance and of the performance of the system, exercises and tests, internal audits, management review.
Who should attend ISO 18788: Safety management
Principals, public authorities and providers of services in the field of private security that have activities in France as well as in weakened governance areas.
Validity of the certificate: 3 years.
Steps and processes
- Certification request
- Initial audit
- Decision making
- Certificate issued
- Annual follow-up audit
Apave Certification's strengths
Independent third party
Apave Certification is a recognized and independent certification body specialized in certification engineering.
Apave Certification works quickly, throughout France and internationally, and keeps deadlines under control.
Apave Certification relies on a large geographical network of qualified internal and external auditors, both nationally and internationally.
Apave Certification is a flexible structure with a customer-oriented approach, which is involved in both voluntary professional certifications and regulatory and mandatory certifications.
Apave Certification, a subsidiary of the Apave group, benefits from solid expertise based on extensive customer feedback over more than 150 years.
Recognitions and accreditations
Apave Certification holds numerous accreditations and recognitions, guaranteeing our quality and technical systems and proving our competence, know-how and independence.