HACCP assessment: Guarantee the health security of your production
Controls in agri-food companies are being tightened to guarantee the safety of the foodstuffs offered to customers. It is becoming necessary for companies to identify and define the steps where hazards lie in order to implement actions to prevent the risk of possible contamination.
To meet this need, the HACCP assessment method has been developed. This method is based on the Codex Alimentarius (Alinorm 093-13A, a global standard) and European regulations (Directive 93/43 EEC) and can be enriched with contributions of ISO 22000. Obtaining it certifies that you control food safety hazards.
What is HACCP assessment ?
Did you know? The HACCP assessment method was developed by NASA as part of the Apollo space programme to prevent and eliminate as far as possible any biological, chemical or physical hazards for astronauts (Octopus.haccp).
The HACCP method has been institutionalised in the European Union by Directive 93/43/EC on the hygiene of foodstuffs. It is used to control food safety with the aim of preventing, eliminating and reducing biological, physical or chemical hazards to an acceptable level.
HACCP focuses on 3 hazard classes for food hygiene:
- biological hazards (viruses, bacteria, etc.)
- chemical hazards (pesticides, heavy metals, residues, additives in significant quantities, etc.)
- physical hazards (wood, glass, etc.).
The Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point is a regulatory method but it is not a standard. In short, it entails an analysis of the hazards and control of critical points. This method aims to increase the safety of production at all stages: from processing to final consumption (by the consumer). Thanks to the HACCP method, you will be able to identify the specific hazards associated with your organisation, assess them and implement corrective actions if necessary.
The value of the HACCP assessment for your organisation:
- Being aware of and able to control the health security of your production
- Complying with the regulatory obligations
- Being responsive in the event of a problem and becoming more efficient in implementing solutions
Who should attend HACCP assessment
The HACCP assessment method covers all catering establishments, food trades and processing establishments (after so-called primary production, i.e. agricultural production).
It is aimed at employees to provide them with the knowledge necessary to comply with French and/or European hygiene regulations.
The HACCP assessment is broken down into 7 main stages:
- Carrying out a hazard analysis.
- Determining the critical control points.
- Setting the critical threshold(s).
- Setting up a CCP threshold monitoring system.
- Deciding what corrective measures to take when monitoring reveals that a given CCP is not or is no longer controlled.
- Applying verification procedures to ensure the proper functioning and effectiveness of the HACCP.
- Compiling a file containing all the procedures and records relating to these principles and their application (traceability).
The HACCP certificate is issued after an audit and may be renewed.
The Apave Certification service
To obtain the HACCP certificate, the Apave Certification teams ensure that you have operational control, namely: Verification of compliance with the HACCP method and its application and effectiveness. After these checks, if you comply with all the conditions.
The benefits of HACCP assessment
- Quickly controlling the hazards relating to the safety of your food and complying with the regulations in force
- Promoting your best hygiene practices to your customers and partners to meet market demand (customers, suppliers)
- Differentiating yourself from your competitors by having your HACCP analysis assessed by an impartial third party.
- Promoting your ability to control the health security of your products, thanks to the certificate issued to you.
- You engage in an improvement approach for your staff on the subject of health security.
Why choose Apave
Apave Certification, a subsidiary of the Apave group, has solid expertise based on its large amount of customer feedback over more than 150 years. Apave Certification, an independent third party, supports you in your certification procedures, whether voluntary or regulatory. We operate throughout France and internationally with our network of qualified auditors and laboratories.
The key features of Apave Certification
- A structure on a human scale with an approach focused on the needs of our customers.
- A network of qualified auditors and assessors, selected with care to provide the best quality service.
- Wide geographical coverage enabling great responsiveness and control of deadlines
- Personalised support with the possibility of creating customised certification or a customised reference framework (e.g. integrating the requirements of the operational control of ISO 22000, which enables ISO 22000 certification in stages)
- Obtaining a known and recognised certificate at the national and international level thanks to our numerous accreditations
Apave Certification's strengths
Independent third party
Apave Certification is a recognized and independent certification body specialized in certification engineering.
Apave Certification works quickly, throughout France and internationally, and keeps deadlines under control.
Apave Certification relies on a large geographical network of qualified internal and external auditors, both nationally and internationally.
Apave Certification is a flexible structure with a customer-oriented approach, which is involved in both voluntary professional certifications and regulatory and mandatory certifications.
bla bla de la marque / +150 ans
Reconnaissances et accréditations
blabla lien vers reconnaissances