Develop methodical management of energy in order to favour energy efficiency.
Certification of your energy management system according to standard ISO 50001 allows you to provide proof that you are complying with the energy efficiency policy that you have set down.
Allow bodies to establish the systems and processes that are required for improving energy efficiency, including the efficiency, use and consumption of energy. The purpose of implementing it is to lead to a decrease in greenhouse gas emissions and energy-related costs.
Standard ISO 50001 defines the precise requirements in terms of energy management system (EMS), allowing a body to develop and apply an energy policy, establish objectives, targets and action plans allowing it to uphold the commitments expressed in this policy, to take the measures required to improve its energy efficiency.
It participates in setting up a process of continuous improvement, which will have for effect a more effective use of the available sources of energy, better competitiveness and a reduction in greenhouse gases. It encourages the implementing of a plan for monitoring energy as well as energy analyses.
Frequency: Validity of the certificate: 3 years subject to the conducting of annual surveillance audits.
Procedures: ISO 50001 certification is a voluntary approach.
To apply for certification in the best conditions, it is desirable:
- that your energy management system has been operational for 6 months and has undergone an internal audit at least once.
- that a management review has been conducted.
It is intended for bodies of all types and sizes, regardless of the geographical, cultural and social conditions.
- Identification of potential energy savings,
- Setting up of an action plan,
- Improvement in the efficiency and use of energy,
- Decrease in energy consumption and costs,
- Decrease in greenhouse gas emissions,
- Involvement of all of the personnel in a federative project.
Télécharger la plaquette