ISO 39001 certification: certification of the road safety management system, a tool for companies to save lives.
According to an IFOP study, only 18% of French employers are aware that more than one in two fatal workplace accidents is a road accident!
Road safety is considered a global issue. According to estimates, by 2030, road accidents will be the fifth largest cause of death in the world with considerable socio-economic and health impacts. It is therefore becoming urgent for organisations to reduce and possibly eliminate accidents, deaths and serious injuries linked to road accidents, thanks to strong commitment and appropriate tools.
What is ISO 39001 certification: road safety management system ?
ISO 39001 certification specifies the requirements for a Road Safety management system to enable organisations to implement preventive and corrective actions to reduce the number of road accidents.
- It is a tool designed to help organisations reduce and ultimately eliminate the incidence and risk of death and serious injury linked to road accidents.
- It identifies good road safety management practices that will enable organisations to achieve the desired road safety results.
- It optimises the use of the road traffic system.
Who should attend ISO 39001 certification: road safety management system
The ISO 39001 standard applies to all organisations in the public or private sectors, regardless of their type and size that interact with the road traffic system.
- An organisation that owns a vehicle fleet
- An organisation whose personnel travel by road
- A road transport or public transport company (bus, coach)
- A motorway or car park company
The ISO 39001 standard is made for you!!
Requirements of the standard include:
- Developing and implementing an appropriate road safety policy
- Developing road safety objectives
- Developing action plans that take into account legal and other requirements the organisation has subscribed to, and information on road safety elements and criteria that the organisation identifies as those it can control and those it can influence.
The valid period of the ISO 39001 certificate is 3 years. Renewing the certification requires a renewal audit. ISO 39001 certification is a voluntary approach that reflects the social commitment of organisations.
The benefits of ISO 39001 certification: road safety management system
ISO 39001 certification offers many advantages for your organisation and allows you to:
- Maintain the safety of your staff and your company
- Improve the working conditions of your employees and so retain their loyalty
- Improve your company's brand image and capitalise on your employer brand to attract new talent
- Increase the performance of your organisation (reduction in sick leave)
- Give the users of your services confidence and differentiate you from your competitors (public transport, school, etc.)
- Reduce insurance costs
- Reduce vehicle maintenance costs
- Integrate a social approach in line with CSR to reduce the number of accidents and deaths on the roads
- Go beyond regulatory obligations in terms of road safety
Why choose Apave
Apave Certification, a subsidiary of the Apave group, has solid expertise based on its large amount of customer feedback over more than 150 years. Apave Certification, an independent third party, supports you in your certification procedures, whether voluntary or regulatory. We operate throughout France and internationally with our network of qualified auditors and laboratories.
The key features of Apave Certification
- A structure on a human scale with an approach focused on the needs of our customers.
- A network of qualified auditors and assessors, selected with care to provide the best quality service.
- Wide geographical coverage enabling great responsiveness and control of deadlines.
- Personalised support with the possibility of creating a customised certification or reference framework.
- Obtaining a known and recognised certificate at national and international level thanks to our numerous accreditations
Did you know?
We can answer call-outs quickly, everywhere in France, but also internationally!
Steps and processes
To obtain certification, Apave Certification supports you during the 6 stages leading to the issue of the ISO 39001 certificate:
- Initial certification request
- Scheduling the audit between the audited organisation and Apave Certification: Schedule my audit
- Initial certification audit
- Certification decision
- Issuing the certificate
- Annual follow-up audit
Procedures for obtaining certification:
However, in order to submit your certification application under the best conditions, to facilitate its acquisition, and to better meet the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard, it is recommended:
- That your quality management system has been running for 6 months,
- That it has been audited internally at least once,
- That a management review has been carried out.
Apave Certification's strengths
Independent third party
Apave Certification is a recognized and independent certification body specialized in certification engineering.
Apave Certification works quickly, throughout France and internationally, and keeps deadlines under control.
Apave Certification relies on a large geographical network of qualified internal and external auditors, both nationally and internationally.
Apave Certification is a flexible structure with a customer-oriented approach, which is involved in both voluntary professional certifications and regulatory and mandatory certifications.
bla bla de la marque / +150 ans
Reconnaissances et accréditations
blabla lien vers reconnaissances